Shivery Greetings From the Farmhouse!
I'm counting my blessings! God has been so good to us this year. My top 7 are...
1. I'm thankful for Jesus Christ's saving power in my life. I was a lost and hurting little girlof eleven when He reached down and filled my life with His love and purpose. His sacrifice for my sin on the cross has made all the difference in my life! I'm thankful for His ever-present help in times of trouble, His provision for my every need, and for His comforting hand that is there when no one else can begin to understand my needs. He is my God, my Savior, and my Friend.
2. Our family is growing, and we are learning what family really means and how to live that out. That doesn't always feel good, but we're reaping the benefits of self-sacrifice and honoring each other.
3. Our family is growing...yes, that's a repeat. But we
are GROWING! Isaac is about to take a wife in a couple weeks. Destany Brock will officially become a Colvin! We're looking forward to watching another home being established for His glory on February 13th. Please pray for them.
Our daughter Hope Biggs gave
birth birth to our 3rd grandson, lil' Benjamin Hayes Biggs! We are surely blessed and our cup overfloweth!
and his wife Shelby are also expecting a little blessing! She will be the first Colvin grandchild, and we're all excited.
4.The 2015 growing season
is officially over, (though we are still harvesting hardy crops for winter sales) and we are thankful for God's provision through the hard labor of my husband and sons. It wasn't an easy year, but again there was growth in many lives as well as the crops.
5. I'm thankful for the lessons of life the Lord Jesus
Christ sends us. He is interested in our growth, and loves us enough to teach us.
6. We're all thankful for those of you who supported Colvin Family Farm during the year. We are blessed to have share holders, customers, and some ya'll are even prayer warriors that are faithful to encourage us as they lift us up before the Lord. Thank you!
7. I'm thankful for the new year...the new
season...the new possibilities for growth. Yes, as farmers we grow things. But as parents, siblings, and farm friends there is so much we all need to learn and grow in during this new year that has begun!
I'm thankful...We've grown...We're growing...and the next lesson is a seed yet to be sown. Come grow with us! Visit us at Colvin Family Farm.
With a thankful heart
The Farmer's Wife,
"The LORD is my strength and my shield, my heart trusted in him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him."